Test #1 Data
For Test 1 we asked 5 subjects to rate the difficulty of pulling and cutting floss from our prototype.
Test #2 Data
For Test 2 we tested the performance of our prototype by cleaning both rough and smooth surfaces.
Changes or Adjustments
After hearing some feedback from our test subjects, we have decided that a recessed square to house our floss cutter. The floss would get caught under the edge of the existing floss cutter of our project and a recess the depth of the edge would stop this problem from occurring.
Our tests were very useful in discovering some of the issues with our prototype. We found some issues with floss getting stuck under the floss cutter, but decided that would be solved with a slight recess. We also got some feedback from our mentor who said that there would be an issue with floss going back into the body. We have found this to be a slight issue and it can be solved by taking the prototype apart. Despite these small adjustments, our prototype seems to be a success. It cleans stuff and dispenses floss efficiently.